Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wow! Is summer almost over already?

This summer has really flown by! It seems as I get older time just keeps speeding up. I guess the busyness of life makes time go by at lightning speed.

I am aiming at the beginning of September for us to officially start school. We've been dabbling in it for a couple of days. I'm trying to get my act together as well as get the kids ready to start back. It's seems to be easier said then done, especially with two very active little ones. I've come up with a few ideas to keep them occupied while I work with the older ones. Casanova has shown an interest in doing school work. When I've been working with the older two he will often ask if he can do some school work too. I've been using Bob Jones University math with Casanova and he loves it.

I started reading aloud James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl this week. They love it! My kids usually hate when I try to read to them from a chapter book. I've been reading The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease. He listed James and the Giant Peach as a great read aloud so I thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I did. Fairy is always asking me to read more after I close the book. She even said she wished there was another book like it. Skywalker even giggles and follows the plot. Casanova has even been listening in some which really surprised me! I'm happy to finally have found a great book to keep them captivated and hopefully turn them on to the love of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment